New rules I’ve made for myself because I’m weird:
- When listening to music while walking, I can’t check my steps until the song is over
- When walking at the end of an hour, I cannot stop walking until I reach the next hour (so if it’s 2:57pm I have to walk until 3:00pm, no exceptions).
- I have to walk at least 250 steps an hour from 9am to 7pm.
- If I don’t make my step goal before it gets dark out, I have to pace around my apartment until I reach/surpass it (I don’t like walking outside in the dark because I fear a raccoon will attack me).
- I cannot eat breakfast until after 10am, and I cannot eat lunch until at least 4 hours after I finish breakfast.
- I have to take at least 30 minutes to finish a meal.
- I have to take no more than 1 bite of food per minute when eating until I reach 30 minutes.
- I cannot drink Smooth Move tea during the week, only on weekends (for obvious reasons).
- I try not to eat anything after 8pm (this is the hardest habit to establish for me at the moment).
I’m sure that my coworkers and clients think I’m a little nutty because you can find walking every hour to make my step goals, back and forth from one end of the hall to the other, sometimes reading a book and sometimes just walking with determination, counting steps under my breath to make sure I reach the goal.